US Elections

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will win the US elections eventually?

4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
96% 96% 
[ 25 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

Re: US Elections

Post by lone on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:07 am

It doesn't matter who the next president will be.
America is going down, Europe will follow and we will be the new third world.

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4300
Location : belgium, no really
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Tony* on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:49 am

Europe won't! not when I'm here!!!
avatar
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8586
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by ~Bunu~ on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 am

Europe might fall, most countries are making plans for saving the economy.
I don't know if it will work, though.

_________________

Thank you Xav~ for this excellent sig! Very Happy
More >>:




Thanks a lot to those artists whose I've forgotten names! =}D
avatar
~Bunu~
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 4307
Age : 23
Location : France
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Boomlala on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:45 am

BOOMLALA WILL SAVE BELGIUM! AND IF THE FRENCH COMPLY TO MY WISHES (easier grammar, every tense is replaced by the present simple, everything is male, except la femme), FRANCE WILL BE SAVED TOO. THE PAPAL STATE HOWEVER, SHALL NOT.

_________________
The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
Here I come to save the daaaaaaay!
Counciller-Builder of Cold
avatar
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7795
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by lone on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:24 pm

It cannot be saved. It's just the way it goes. Countries become rich, then powerfull, then crash while an other countrey takes over control. It's not that bad.

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4300
Location : belgium, no really
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by *Hule* on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Seriously I should be ashamed of how little I know about the US elections, but I've heard Obama rulez.

_________________

"You are not an adult before you dare being childish"
avatar
*Hule*
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 8813
Age : 26
Location : Kakariko Village.
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Matthew on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:17 pm

lone wrote:It cannot be saved. It's just the way it goes. Countries become rich, then powerfull, then crash while an other countrey takes over control. It's not that bad.

Nah, it's just a mere downturn. Were technically not even in recession yet. If the new bailout plan works, we wont have to worry as long as the sub-prime and the other banks can pay it off. Yes, taxes will rise, but if its for the good of the economy then its a burden that taxpayers will have to take. Japan did it 10 years ago, and it worked for them (although their economy is also in the shitter now). This downturn could go as bad as the early 90's, the 70's or even the 30's but modern economies are now more equiped to deal with it. It's a shame that the EU didn't go through with a US-style bail-out.
Besides, Ireland and Greece are foolish for guaranteeing people's savings are safe, but whatever. It'll fix itself soon enough, and we'll be back on the boom. Remember, it's boom then recession then boom then recession following along a trend of maximum potential economic growth. And don't worry about China/India for now; they have their own economic/environmental problems. Unfortunately for them, they've boomed at a time when public opinion has swayed towards saving the environment, whereas the West didn't have that problem.
avatar
Matthew
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 3184
Age : 25
Location : England
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://z3.invisionfree.com/jedijunkies/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Boomlala on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 am

Remember, it's boom then recession then boom then recession following along a trend of maximum potential economic growth.

What about me?

Silly joke, I'm sorry.

_________________
The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
Here I come to save the daaaaaaay!
Counciller-Builder of Cold
avatar
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7795
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by lone on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:03 am

prices of food, houses, oil, and ofc water will keep rising however. It will bring us down in any case. Democracy will probably become too expensive to maintain

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4300
Location : belgium, no really
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Boomlala on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 am

Humans have solved every economical crisis to date. I'm sure this won't be an exception.

_________________
The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
Here I come to save the daaaaaaay!
Counciller-Builder of Cold
avatar
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7795
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by C.O.L.I.N. on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 am

i think government of Greece said that, cuz probbaly they want to "relax" public opinion and not make them even more worried with all these shit goin on (or even make the situation worse cuz might ppl while r afraid of losing their savings they try to pick them up or something)
and ofc a government is taking care of her public face which is in quite bad condition the last period (we have strikes most of the week days)

btw all that r just my own personal opinion...

lol if US werent making all these wars the last years their economy would be in better condition and they wouldnt have to rise oils prices... >.<
or if only Greece could use her oils we would be way better.. at least talking for my country...

_________________

My hand is shaking... or is my whole body?
My heart is beating furiously, my breath betrays me...
I can't control my feelings now. The pain turns to anger and back again.
I may gain strength through my passion, but feel weak the same time.
Myself is changing, don't know who I am...
Oh my God, what have I become...?
avatar
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6677
Age : 31
Location : Athens, Greece
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by E-Nig on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 am

Jim, what happened in Famagusta?
avatar
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 3876
Age : 25
Location : Yer maw
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by C.O.L.I.N. on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 am

Famagusta? 0o
whats that? >.>
sorry if i sound stupid but the way i read it, i cannot understand in what u r referring to

_________________

My hand is shaking... or is my whole body?
My heart is beating furiously, my breath betrays me...
I can't control my feelings now. The pain turns to anger and back again.
I may gain strength through my passion, but feel weak the same time.
Myself is changing, don't know who I am...
Oh my God, what have I become...?
avatar
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6677
Age : 31
Location : Athens, Greece
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by E-Nig on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Uhh City in Cyprus.. I think

Something about turks abandoning it or someshit
avatar
E-Nig
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 3876
Age : 25
Location : Yer maw
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Tony* on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 pm

21 to 1.. Barrack is going to loose!!
(obviously sarcasm.)
avatar
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8586
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by C.O.L.I.N. on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:17 pm

E-Nig wrote:Uhh City in Cyprus.. I think

Something about turks abandoning it or some shit
oh.. i dont know anything about the subject... if i meet tomorrow any of my Cypriot colleagues ill ask them if they know anything
but shit happens all the time there at Cyprus with Turks like we have with Turks in Aegean.. ofc they r kinda worse there...

_________________

My hand is shaking... or is my whole body?
My heart is beating furiously, my breath betrays me...
I can't control my feelings now. The pain turns to anger and back again.
I may gain strength through my passion, but feel weak the same time.
Myself is changing, don't know who I am...
Oh my God, what have I become...?
avatar
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6677
Age : 31
Location : Athens, Greece
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Boomlala on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 pm

The 2nd debate between the presidents was close again.

_________________
The Cosmos is full beyond measure of elegant truths
Here I come to save the daaaaaaay!
Counciller-Builder of Cold
avatar
Boomlala
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 7795
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://devnucleus.110mb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by ~Bunu~ on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 am

I hope Barack will do something to help with this crap in America.

_________________

Thank you Xav~ for this excellent sig! Very Happy
More >>:




Thanks a lot to those artists whose I've forgotten names! =}D
avatar
~Bunu~
Spammer
Spammer

Male Number of posts : 4307
Age : 23
Location : France
Registration date : 2007-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Matthew on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 am

lone wrote:prices of food, houses, oil, and ofc water will keep rising however. It will bring us down in any case. Democracy will probably become too expensive to maintain

House prices are falling like bricks.
It's not democracy, it's capitalism, and it won't fall. If you look at growth, under free market capitalism, the overall trend of sustained long term economic growth is on the rise. Short term is, like I said, boom + recession. The price of water, food and oil has nothing to do with free markets, it's general human consumption which cannot be avoided.

Capitalism + Democracy works, Communism and Planned economies don't. Cold War proved that, human nature is too unpredictable to 'control'. Ergo, what system would you suggest? Civilisation will fall eventually, of course, but it won't be because of Democracy/Capitalism.

Boom wrote:The 2nd debate between the presidents was close again.

Most say Obama edged it again >_>
He came across as more direct and down to earth, whereas McCain was trying to cosy up the audience.
Although opinion polls don't mean too much at this stage; lots of Americans say they'll vote Obama but they'll vote McCain when it comes to elections, since they don't want to come across as racist. It happened in the Primaries too <.<
avatar
Matthew
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 3184
Age : 25
Location : England
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://z3.invisionfree.com/jedijunkies/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Tony* on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:07 pm

that sucks >.>'
avatar
Tony*
I have no life
I have no life

Male Number of posts : 8586
Age : 25
Location : Belgium
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Matthew on Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Meh, it'll be close. Let's all hope Palin fucks up McCain's campaign
avatar
Matthew
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 3184
Age : 25
Location : England
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://z3.invisionfree.com/jedijunkies/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Shadman on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:31 pm

C.O.L.I.N. wrote:i think government of Greece said that, cuz probbaly they want to "relax" public opinion and not make them even more worried with all these shit goin on (or even make the situation worse cuz might ppl while r afraid of losing their savings they try to pick them up or something)
and ofc a government is taking care of her public face which is in quite bad condition the last period (we have strikes most of the week days)

btw all that r just my own personal opinion...

lol if US werent making all these wars the last years their economy would be in better condition and they wouldnt have to rise oils prices... >.<
or if only Greece could use her oils we would be way better.. at least talking for my country...

Wars help the economy.....We just feel like wasting our money on them...

_________________
avatar
Shadman
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 1923
Age : 27
Location : Hell-----Oh
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by lone on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:06 am

Matthew wrote:
lone wrote:prices of food, houses, oil, and ofc water will keep rising however. It will bring us down in any case. Democracy will probably become too expensive to maintain

House prices are falling like bricks.
It's not democracy, it's capitalism, and it won't fall. If you look at growth, under free market capitalism, the overall trend of sustained long term economic growth is on the rise. Short term is, like I said, boom + recession. The price of water, food and oil has nothing to do with free markets, it's general human consumption which cannot be avoided.

Capitalism + Democracy works, Communism and Planned economies don't. Cold War proved that, human nature is too unpredictable to 'control'. Ergo, what system would you suggest? Civilisation will fall eventually, of course, but it won't be because of Democracy/Capitalism.
Democracy is sortof ok but far from perfect.
I don't think any system works, so I couldn't suggest nothing.

lone
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 4300
Location : belgium, no really
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Matthew on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:18 am

ShAdMaN wrote:
C.O.L.I.N. wrote:i think government of Greece said that, cuz probbaly they want to "relax" public opinion and not make them even more worried with all these shit goin on (or even make the situation worse cuz might ppl while r afraid of losing their savings they try to pick them up or something)
and ofc a government is taking care of her public face which is in quite bad condition the last period (we have strikes most of the week days)

btw all that r just my own personal opinion...

lol if US werent making all these wars the last years their economy would be in better condition and they wouldnt have to rise oils prices... >.<
or if only Greece could use her oils we would be way better.. at least talking for my country...

Wars help the economy.....

fail.
avatar
Matthew
Member
Member

Male Number of posts : 3184
Age : 25
Location : England
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://z3.invisionfree.com/jedijunkies/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by C.O.L.I.N. on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:31 am

ill agree with Matt...
the only thing wars help is to make technology run faster (depends the way u see it- if its good or bad) and reduce the amount of ppl living (i odnt want to sound evil or something) but earths is able to support half her current population, if not even lower

but anyways if u think that making a war heps economy think how it "helps" it
by selling more weapons to every1? or by conquering territories with stupid excuses for taking their oils (and all the other resources), so in few words cause death and suffer to another country in order to benefit....

_________________

My hand is shaking... or is my whole body?
My heart is beating furiously, my breath betrays me...
I can't control my feelings now. The pain turns to anger and back again.
I may gain strength through my passion, but feel weak the same time.
Myself is changing, don't know who I am...
Oh my God, what have I become...?
avatar
C.O.L.I.N.
Master
Master

Male Number of posts : 6677
Age : 31
Location : Athens, Greece
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: US Elections

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum